sábado, diciembre 24, 2005

Some Friendly Comments on True Electric Deregulation Part 2

Thanks Prof. Banks for your humble response.

I certainly can only claim to know about deregulation in the Dominican Republic myself, which is one of the worst cases in the world. Our educational system is lousy, and our power system has been expensive and unreliable for many years. Our power sector is right now is under systemic collapse, totally unsustainable, and kept going only on very large, and unsustainable subsidies and 20-25% rotating interruptions ordered by the World Bank and the IMF. Most customers with economic capacity have backup systems. However, I am not an anti-deregulation ideologist, because I firmly believe that our power sector can be turned around with true deregulation, as can be inferred from my presentation at the Spring 2005 Peak Load Management Alliance Conference.

Recently, I have sent an email to Mr. Casazza, and have gone to Jesus M. Martin-Giraldo, Power Encounters blog, where I posted comments in Spanish about 1) a misunderstanding of Fred C Schweppe's Homeostatic Utility Control in the literature review he posted; 2) my blog in which I have posted well over 900 notes, most of them in Spanish, related to what I believe is my meaningful aim of true deregulation (which started on 1995); and 3) CME Industry Center (CMEIC) admission of incomplete (=faulty) deregulation and lack of physical demand side risk management, and referring him to the link of my comments under the article "Strategic Perspectives on Utility Enterprise Solutions," by Warren Causey on EnergyPulse.

I have received no reply from them yet. I agree that under the old paradigm, CMEIC and Mr. Casazza are unbeatable, because they are based on "facts" of the faulty deregulation. However, I humbly think taht under COE hypothesis many of the arguments just don't hold. However, I received a kind reply from Dr. Alfred E. Kahn, but I am not allowed to forward it yet (the email has some legalese at the bottom).

I will send all of them, including the CMEIC the link of this article to see if they may have answers to the questions I asked you.

Best regards,

José Antonio

Some Friendly Comments on True Electric Deregulation

No hay comentarios: