domingo, julio 29, 2007

EWPC a Customer Orientation

This is another post under the article The Next Innovation in Energy Efficiency - Extending Advanced Metering into the Home, by Jeff Lund, Vice President, Business Development, Echelon Corporation.

Hi Jeff and readers,

Thanks for your patience. I think the long discussion with Len, on whether retailers can be bypassed or not, has a high noise to signal ratio, which seems to be unproductive for the energypulse medium.

If retailers can or cannot be avoided remains a paradox for other readers, I want to know from a fresh perspective, but which I will not engage. I will consider the rear mirror debate (learning from the past) on retailers closed with my post of 7.28.07, going back to the possibility of a generative dialogue (learning from the emerging future).

Returning back to Jeff’s article and with a lot of respect for all readers, including Len of course, I suggest readers and the author to consider my post of 7.17.07 and my responses to Erich and Praveen, not as a position, but as to what seems to be emerging.

Integrating energy efficiency, demand response and other services with advanced metering to the homes makes a strong business case for 2GRs as the developer of integrated resources of the demand side. This is a change from a supply orientation with flip the switch service (exogenous demand) to a customer orientation.

Demand can thus become endogenous in power system planning, operation and control, completing a (demand vs. supply) fully functional market, with both wholesale and retail competition performed with 2GRs in the value chain from generation to customers.That is another angle of what I been calling EWPC.


No hay comentarios: